Mermaid Theatre to Bring Two Beloved Children’s Books to Life

Mermaid Theatre of Nova Scotia returns to the Weis Center, this time bringing two beloved children’s books to life, Guess How Much I Love You and I Love My Little Storybook on Saturday, October 21 at 1 p.m. at the Weis Center for the Performing Arts.

The Family Discovery performance is ideal for ages 3-7. The performance will run for 60 minutes without an intermission.

Sponsors for the performance include the Public Library for Union County, Susquehanna River Valley Visitors Bureau, and Geisinger.

Patrons are encouraged to come early to enjoy free kids’ activities hosted by the Public Library for Union County from 12 noon-1 p.m. in the Weis Center Atrium Lobby.

Mermaid Theatre of Nova Scotia presents Guess How Much I Love You and I Love My Little Storybook, adapted, directed and designed by Jim Morrow, music by Steven Naylor, and narrated by Beau Bridges.

Little Nutbrown Hare loves Big Nutbrown Hare as far as he can reach and as high as he can hop. But Big Nutbrown Hare loves him as far as his long arms can reach and as high as his strong legs can hop. And so it continues in the Mermaid Theatre of Nova Scotia’s adaptation of Guess How Much I Love You, the award-winning classic from author Sam McBratney and illustrator Anita Jeram.

In I Love My Little Storybook, an eager little bunny lies on the grass and opens his book. Within moments, the story he’s reading is alive in fascinating detail. From illustrator Anita Jeram comes this endearing celebration of the joy of reading.

Tickets for the performance are $20 for adults, $16 for seniors 62+, $10 for youth 18 and under, $10 for Bucknell employees and retirees (limit 2), $10 for Bucknell students (limit 2), and $10 for non-Bucknell college students (limit 2). Tickets can be purchased online at Bucknell.edu/BoxOffice or by calling 570-577-1000.

Tickets are also available in person from several locations including the Weis Center lobby (weekdays 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.) and the CAP Center Box Office, located on the ground floor of the Elaine Langone Center (weekdays 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.).

For more information about this performance contact Lisa Leighton, marketing and outreach director, at 570-577-3727 or by e-mail at lisa.leighton@bucknell.edu.

The next performance in the Weis Center’s 2017-18 Season is a bluegrass/Americana performance by Tim O’Brien Band the same evening, Saturday, October 21 at 7:30 p.m. at the Weis Center.

For more information about the Weis Center for the Performing Arts, go to www.bucknell.edu/WeisCenter or search for the Weis Center on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or YouTube.