The Weis Center for the Performing Arts at Bucknell University and the Place Studies program of the Bucknell Center for Sustainability and the Environment, are excited to partner on a year-long series of events related to anthracite coal.
“Coal Collections: Local, National and International Stories” will include performances, monthly noon-time lectures and panel discussions, films, and guest speakers. Many events are free.
Check it out!
The performances included in the series are:
- Coal Town Rounders and Van Wagner on Thursday, September 22
- Hard Coal: The Concert with music by Guy Klucevsek (opener for September 22 performance)
- Chilean theatre/puppetry company Silencio Blanco presenting the piece Chiflon, El Silencio del Carbon on Friday, February 17
- Julia Wolfe’s 2015 Pulitzer-prize winning oratorio Anthracite Fields on Saturday, April 1
- Jay Smar (opener for Anthracite Fields on April 1)